Stephen joined the firm in 2019 having previously headed the Corporate & Commercial team at a regional law firm. Stephen is a business law specialist with experience of advising companies, businesses, shareholders and funders on a range of corporate and commercial issues.
In particular, Stephen’s corporate finance work includes sales and purchases of businesses, shareholder and joint venture agreements, share options, investments and reorganisations. He also advises directors on corporate governance and other risk and compliance related matters and regularly provides training on these topics.
In addition to his corporate finance practice, Stephen undertakes a wide range of commercial work including advising on IT agreements, intellectual property rights, data protection, outsourcing agreements, distribution agreements and contracts for the supply of goods and/or services. He also undertakes non-contentious insolvency/restructuring work, including asset sales and reorganisations, and is a member of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA).
When he is not working, Stephen is usually riding his bike and typically covers over 100 miles a week on his commute.
“Noted for his superb speed of response and for being incredibly clear on legal points”
Stephen’s recent experience includes advising:
- the sellers of a security and alarm business to an American company for in excess of £20million
- SPB UK, a subsidiary of affinity insurance specialist SPB Group, on the acquisition of insurtechs Loyal Insurance Services Limited and Square Pound Limited
- on the management buy-out of a groundwork, infrastructure and civil engineering business for £16million
- Renewable Energy Systems and InfraRed Capital in respect of the sale of 18 wind and solar PV projects to The Renewables Infrastructure Group. The sale was funded by a £300 million initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange, the largest ever flotation of a dedicated UK-based renewable energy fund
- the founder shareholder of the Victorious Festival on his sale to Global
- GMAC UK Plc in respect of the sale by Ally Financial Inc of its international operations in Europe and Latin America to GM Financial for £4.2billion
- Investec in respect of its funding and equity position in Cargostore
- on the incorporation and funding of subsidiary companies in America and Poland for a UK based digital media company
- Manor Renewable Energy on its acquisition of UK ship builder Manor Marine UK Limited
- Renewable Energy Generation on the sale of its portfolio to a fund managed by US investment company BlackRock, and its subsequent de-listing from AIM
- P1 Capital on multiple lends to borrowers in the property development sector
We are delighted with our write up in both Chambers & Partners and the Legal 500 this year: https://t.co/KVbJmzcAdd.21st Oct 2019 16:33:29
Congratulations to associate Sian Leonard who won the Rising Star award at the Insolvency Practitioners Association awards last week30th Sep 2019 10:15:18