Nathan is an approachable corporate finance lawyer with extensive experience and negotiation skills, and a pragmatic and hands-on approach. During his career Nathan has advised on deals for owner-manager and family shareholders totalling more than £0.5bn in East Anglia.
Nathan joined the firm in 2019 when it merged with M2 Law, the boutique corporate law firm which he founded. Prior to that, Nathan spent 9 years at a leading regional law firm and was a senior member of the team that won The Legal 500 Best Corporate and Commercial Team (outside of London) in 2014 and was ranked in Chambers & Partners Legal Rankings as a “Rising Star” in corporate finance.
Nathan is a business law specialist with experience of advising companies, businesses, shareholders and funders on a range of corporate and commercial issues. In particular, Nathan specialises in advising family-owned and owner-managed businesses on mergers, acquisitions and disposals, joint ventures, and succession planning.
Notable Career Experience
- Advised the shareholders of Gasway on its multi-£m sale to Flagship Group.
- Advised the family shareholders of Probe Oil Tools on its multi-£m sale of 80% of its share capital to Acteon Group.
- Advised the family shareholders of Burnbank Systems on its sale to Sectra (a Swedish listed company) for approx. £5m.
- Advised the family shareholders of J&H Bunn (£150m turnover) on its sale to Koch Fertiliser Ltd, ultimately owned by Koch Industries Inc. (one of the largest private companies in the US).
- Advised HLC (Wood Products), the largest pallet manufacturer in the UK, on various commercial contracts and joint ventures, as well as successful High Court claim against an ex-employee and their new employer relating to £20m of confidential information and trade secrets.
- Advised Desira plc (£100m turnover) on its acquisition of certain motor franchise dealerships from MR King & Sons.
- Advised the family shareholders of Halesworth Land Rover (£30m turnover) on its sale to Marshall Motor Group.
- Advised on the acquisition of a leading hotel on the North Norfolk coast.
- Advised the Chaplin family on its purchase of the Maids Head Hotel in Norwich from the Vineyard Group.
- Advised Norwich International Airport in connection with a multi-£m investment made by Palmer Capital in respect of a major property joint venture for the development of an Aviation Business Park.
- Advised management of a financial services company (£80m turnover) in relation to their investment alongside a multi-£m investment by Lloyds Development Capital.
- Advised 8 District Councils in relation to a multi-£m joint venture with Norse in respect of the operation of the main recycling centre in Norfolk responsible for processing all dry recyclables collected by the 8 District Councils.
- Advised a private investor in relation to the acquisition of a controlling interest in a private bank.
- Advised the senior management of a recognised national high street chain, and wholesaler, in relation to their minority participation in the share capital of the company including advice in relation to articles of association, shareholders’ agreement and share options.
Congratulations to associate Sian Leonard who won the Rising Star award at the Insolvency Practitioners Association awards last week30th Sep 2019 10:15:18
IG are delighted to be jointly sponsoring the R3 Southern Region Technical Breakfast Seminar on 15 October 2019 dea… https://t.co/efKwxSS4oS27th Sep 2019 08:55:06